Salix Finance Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and confidentiality.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it. By visiting hnip.salixfinance.co.uk (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and to the extent we are processing any personal data (within the meaning of the Act), the data controller is Salix Finance Limited.
We will collect certain information or data about you when you use our site.
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms and applications on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, when you make an application through our site, when you upload any documents to our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and details of your employment, organisation, job-title and business.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Information we receive from other sources. This may include information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. As part of our administration of the Heat Networks Investment Project (HNIP), we will be acting as liaison between applicants and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. This will involve us passing on and receiving information about you which is submitted as part of the application process and in relation to our administration of the HNIP. For more information in relation to our role in the HNIP please see the following applicant guidance document.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to process and review your application(s);
- administer the HNIP and to carry out our obligations under it;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or you and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to any or our terms or use of the site;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to respond to any feedback you send us, if you have asked us to provide such feedback.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for direct marketing.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- selected third parties including:
- to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy as part of the handling of any applications made via our site or our administration of the HNIP generally;
- to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (or other relevant government department) in order to meet regulatory or legislative requirements, such as state aid transparency requirements; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your information to third parties:
- as part of our handling of applications made via our site and administration of the HNIP;
- in the event that that your obligations hereunder and/or under any loan agreement are to be transferred to another counterparty, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective counterparty; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Salix Finance Ltd, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, government departments and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA
The Act gives you the right to access personal information you supply in relation to an individual. You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect in accordance with the Act. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Any access request will be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.